As you embark on your family Spring Break in Fort Walton Beach we have put together the ultimate Fort Walton Beach Spring Break Checklist! We believe these things are musts when visiting Fort Walton Beach in the Spring.
- Fly a Kite. Kitty Hawk Kites offers a wide variety of kites for all of your kite flying needs. Whether you are an expert kite flyer or a beginner, they have the perfect kite for you. Kite flying is a blast on Fort Walton Beach. They even offer kites specially for kids and advanced kites for the experienced kite flyers.
- Go on a Hike. Beautiful State Parks are the perfect place to go on a hike near Fort Walton Beach. We recommend Topsail Hill Preserve. It is about 40 minutes from Fort Walton Beach, but worth the drive. It offers a wide variety of outdoor activities from camping, canoeing, hiking, swimming and more. It is also a place where you can experience the unique phenomenon of dune lakes. These lakes are separated from the Gulf of Mexico only by the dunes themselves, creating fresh and saltwater habitats next to each other. Only a handful of places throughout the world have dune lakes like this, so it is definitely a unique experience.
- Visit Okaloosa Island and Boardwalk. Okaloosa Island is a must when visiting Fort Walton Beach. It is considered the gem of Fort Walton Beach by many. Not only is it beautiful, but also full of activities. The boardwalk offers shopping, food, and fun.
- Mini Golf. Goofy Golf offers a fun family experience. With two 18 hole courses, there is double the fun. Operating since 1958, Goofy Golf prides itself on creating a fun, goofy, family friendly atmosphere. The last hole for both courses is the snake. All first shots in the snake’s mouth get a free pass for next time.
- Take a Segway Tour. This will make your Spring Break a unique experience as you see the Emerald Coast like never before. Destination Segway Tours offers different tours. There are stops at Clement Taylor Park where you can see Crab Island and take a quick dip in the water before setting backoff through your tour of Destin. Keep in mind you must be at least 14 years old to join this tour.
- Visit all the Marine Life at the Gulfarium. Learn about different marine life species at the Gulfarium. What better way to learn about these creatures than meeting them first hand? In operation for nearly 62 years, The Gulfarium’s mission is to preserve and educate the public about how special and different marine life is. While there, be sure to experience the dolphin show, sea lion show, and various chats about otters, penguins, reptiles and more.
- Spot Dolphins and Snorkel. Sea Blaster Snorkeling and Dolphin cruise is a three hour combination cruise with 90 minutes of snorkeling followed by 90 minutes of dolphin spotting. You can also choose to do just a dolphin cruise, which includes 90 minutes of dolphin spotting. It is advised to book ahead of time, as space tends to fill up quickly.
- Grab a Cold Treat. Bippy’s By The Beach has multiple locations, one being in Fort Walton Beach. They have delicious self serve frozen yogurt with a variety of toppings. They have also just introduced a new waffle menu. Each waffle creation is topped with Bippy’s delicious frozen yogurt to make it an extra sweet treat. We recommend trying the cake batter frozen yogurt. Believe it or not it is low fat, but you would never be able to tell. Also in Fort Walton Beach is Pino Gelato. They offer authentic Italian gelato right on the Okaloosa Island Boardwalk.
- Rest your Head at The Breakers. With fully furnished 1, 2, or 3 bedroom condos, you will feel right at home. You will have space to spread out, as opposed to a cramped hotel room. You will also have direct access to the beach, as The Breakers is right on Okaloosa Island. Guests of The Breakers will also be in close proximity to the above activities. When staying at The Breakers, be sure to note that a few of the above activities are included with your stay. The included activities are the Sea Blaster dolphin and snorkel tour as well as the Destination Segway tour. You get one free adult admission per paid night. In addition to this, every room comes with a private gulf facing balcony, perfect for morning coffee or evening meals.
So what are you waiting for? Start your perfect Fort Walton Beach Spring Break adventure today! There are so many family memories to be made as you gear up for your Spring Break in Fort Walton Beach. We hope this list is helpful in finding the perfect activities for you and your family.