With Okaloosa Island being only a stone’s throw away from Fort Walton Beach, it’s easy and convenient to find a variety of fun activities the whole family can enjoy. Here are some of our top picks for the best things to do on the Okaloosa Boardwalk.
- Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park had to be the first on our list. Not only are the rates great, but there are numerous different animal encounters sure to bring out the inner kid in all of us. Come face to face with bottlenose dolphins, gators, penguins, sea lions, reptiles and much more! We also love that they offer military discounts.
- Wild Willy’s Adventure Zone is 17,000 square feet of dino-themed entertainment. Whether rain or shine you can enjoy a state-of-the-art redemption arcade, a 4D movie theater, a laser maze, Salvati’s Pizza Factory, and YogoMogo’s Creamy Cool Creations. Outside, you can partake in mini golf, a 60 foot ropes course, a spinning roller coaster, a reverse bungee trampoline, and remote control battle boats!
- The Boardwalk Craft Beer Tour is an annual event that occurs in September and is perfect for every beer connoisseur. The tour offers you different options to customize your beer tasting experience and includes food and VIP options.
- Bulls on the Beach Rock n’ Roll Rodeo is a high energy, family friendly event with live music and live professional bull riding located- you guessed it – on the beach! Be sure to stay up to date on their schedule of events.
- Okaloosa Island Fireworks take place every Wednesday nights at 9pm, and are free to enjoy! Just bring your towel, blanket, or chair, and claim your spot on the beautiful beach.
- The Swamp is the area’s premier beach club featuring live music, light and rhythm shows by top DJs, and plenty of dancing to complete the nightlife scene.
- Kitty Hawk Kites hosts a great selection of beginner kites, stunt kites, power kites, toys, t-shirts and apparel, and gifts. Also, don’t miss out on the free two-day Flying High on the Harbor festival in September. Experience the sight of 25-to-100-foot larger-than-life show kites of all sizes and shapes, and special features like professional stunt kite flying, demonstrations and lessons.