In my opinion, Okaloosa Island is the #1 thing to do while in Fort Walton Beach. It’s easy to see why. With so much to do and see, Okaloosa Island is truly the gem of Fort Walton Beach. To begin with, it is magical because it is a barrier Island of the Emerald Coast. Boasting with turquoise waters and pure white sands, this combination makes it truly unique to any other coast. Okaloosa Island remains to be a family-friendly destination with plenty of things to discover.
Here is why Okaloosa Island is the gem of Fort Walton Beach:
- The Beach. Need we say more? Like we said earlier, Okaloosa Island beaches are a part of the beautiful Emerald Coast. If you have never experienced this part of the coast, you are missing out.
- The Boardwalk. Shop, dine, and play. It is definitely a place where you can do all three. Spend you day playing and come back for some shopping and dinner later on. The Boardwalk is a popular destination for families. It is the perfect place to make memories.
- The Pier. Calling all anglers and those who just want to enjoy the views. It is a fun place to fish and enjoy the beach. The pier offers a day pass for a reasonable price for anglers and visitors alike. Also you are able to rent rods and reels. If you catch something and have a good story be sure to share it on their blog!.
- Miracle Strip Parkway. This is the main throughway from the mainland through the island. Off of this main road there is shopping, dining and family attractions.
- Awesome Eats. Since there are so many great places, we just name a few of our favorites. For a quick bite on the beach we recommend Al’s Beach Club and Burger Bar. If you need a good seafood fix we love Floyd’s Shrimp House and The Crab Shack. If you can’t decide which to try just try both (your on vacation so why not?). For a quick cool down try Pino Gelato. You will not be disappointed by their deliciously authentic Italian gelato.
- Family-Friendly Accommodations. Okaloosa Island is known for being family friendly. Therefore, they have some of the best family-friendly accommodations. I may be a little biased, but The Breakers is the perfect family vacation destination. How can you beat Gulf front views of Okaloosa Island. Don’t take our word for it. Our reviews speak for themselves!
In all, I hope that this inspires you to get a taste of the island life. The Breakers not only is on Okaloosa Island, but we cater to the full vacation experience, ensuring you and your family have the best vacation yet. Discover Okaloosa Island for yourself and see why it is the gem of Fort Walton Beach.
Topics: Okaloosa Island